Sunday, May 26, 2013

Hurricane Sandy Part 2

During Hurricane Sandy I went to stay at a girlfriends apartment in a luxury high rise building so I was safe. She was hosting a dinner party that night and all of us were staying the night. We were hunkered down, anxiety over the storm of the century that was about to hit us.
We watched all the news channels to stay updated on what was going on. My friends from PA were txting me to make sure I was going to be safe and ok.
Dinner was fab because, well her husband is a chef and owns restaurants in Manhattan.
I unfortunately had a little too much wine. I always get sick on wine, I should've known better. I ended up completely annihilated. I didn't mean to and never had that intent for the nite.
I actually ended vomiting and was crying uncontrollably, my friends told me.
The biggest thing that got my BFF upset was the things I was saying while crying. She told me this, " you laid on the floor you were crying sooo uncontrollably there was no consoling you, you kept saying you missed your old life, I just want my old life back, we just didn't know what to say or do for you. All our hearts were soo broken for you. The stress and trauma of your life after divorce has certainly taken a huge emotional toll on you.
What's that old saying? Truth always comes out when one is drunk! Tehe
I am working on healing everyone.
I guess for some of us, it just takes a long time. I am soo sorry that its taking me this long! I feel like a complete jerk. I was never like this. Nothing, nothing has affected me this much in my whole life.???
But stay with me, follow me through my healing process and how I use hairdressing and New York City as my therapy. Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment