Tuesday, January 28, 2014

LITTLE BIG HORN

I once dated someone that had nooo
Idea what the Battle of Little Big Horn 
Was....
Scary isn't it!
I'm a HUGE history buff
And it was at this chilling moment 
That I realized I didn't belong with this 
Ignoramus 
We all need to socialize within our intellectual parameters and that means 
Dating as well

The metaphor of the story is our relationship would certainly become 
A battle, and I not playing the role of 
Custard 

No, my role would be of the Indians
Fighting for their lives
Fighting for their very existence

Custard is well known in history as 
A bastard, his personality having very 
Arrogant displays of that of a narcissist  
Having no regard for anyone but himself

My metaphor....
Yes I dated a Custard
For one year I would be cheated on
Disrespect, violated and verbally & mentally abused

I certainly lived through a battle
And in my battle the knife would pierce
My heart like no other
I was left dying on the battlefield 
In my battle, Custard would walk away
With no remorse, empathy, compassion 

He would move on to the next conquest

All the world is a stage 
And all the men and women have their
Entrances and exits
But when you date someone for an extended period of time and are with 
Them everyday and every night and they 
NEVER form a bond with you.......

This is a VERY unhealthy person you have 
Encountered

I lived through a battle that I didn't want 
To live through and in my battle for love
I would get scalped, I would be kicked 
And stabbed and left for dead with no 
Remorse

This Indian would not survive her 
"Little Big Horn"

But I will not let my Custard ruin me
I want the whole world to be aware of all the Custards out there! Recognize the signs before its to late. No one should have to experience a battle like I experienced. I was already coming out a 
20 yr battle and only deserved to find kindness, respect, love, happiness. 

I would recieve none of these

Why did this horrible situation get thrown 
Into my life?
I now believe because I was to tell my tale 
Of abuse and get involved with abuse organizations, which I have. 

I believe I was to tell my story
To help others survive
All the Custards in the world
This isn't a reflection on me
It's a reflection on my abuser
Who they really are as a person

Like Chief Joseph would say at the end of his battle, "I WILL FIGHT NO MORE FOREVER" 

And I will not fight, I will inform and educate

Abuse comes in many hidden forms
And no one deserves to be abused!!!

Let the ignoramus live in their own 
Little worlds 

Walk away and NEVER look back
There's a beautiful world out there
Go meet the beautiful people that are in it

You will survive

But you may never forget 

But you will survive the stupidity you 
Encountered

I pray for your recovery
Xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment