Sunday, January 26, 2014

COOPERSTOWN NY

I recently traveled to Cooperstown NY
I have a friend from the city that was born and raised there and over the holidays we would travel home to Cooperstown.

The last time I was there I was still married. As we strolled around town memories of my family life would come 
Streaming back. Sadness fell upon me as 
I walked up to the famous ballfield, now snow covered. As I stood there and looked out onto the field, an immense wave of sadness fell upon me.  How did my life take such a turn? As a tear rolled down my check, I felt terrible for my family now so ripped apart.  When we were here we were happy. How did it all go so wrong. 

One person(me) would throw three lives into uncharted waters. We lived a great life. My kids were sooo happy. I would blow it all apart. 

And as I stood that cold winters day 
In Cooperstown, I realized I had thrown a major curve ball of destruction into my children's lives. So unwilling to be apart of 
A team that they didn't want to play for, the last four years of batting practice had been a virtual hell. 

A journey they didn't want to take. My journey. Could these two batters forgive the pitcher (me) for hitting both of them hard! Sending them injured beyond anything they would ever experience. 

As I stood there that day in Cooperstown 
It hit me how much a divorce can kill. It killed all of our lives. 

Just because of my selfish journey. I had envisioned  sooo much more out of life than I was getting. But this town was full of the famous that also had a vision for their own lives. If I can just convince my boys to just hold on and have faith. I think my vision will lead us to a happy ending. 

Will they ever forgive me. 

And this is my journey 

No comments:

Post a Comment