Friday, January 2, 2015

SMOOTH OPERATOR

Working as a hairstylist in New York City can be a satisfying blessing or a Devil in disguise
New York anymore is a very International crowd
Little white Anglo-Saxon me, with my Blonde hair Blue eyes is a rarity
On any given day at any given moment as you walk down the sidewalk
One can hear up to about six different languages
Us Americans being the only ones in the World that speak just one language
That in itself can be a blessing or a curse

The foreigners can play a mean game
They are very proud to have made it here in my country and don't want you stepping on their toes
Employers seem to cater to them more
I've seen one salon owner fire a stylist over his pernicious receptionist!
REALLY!

Yes, working and living here can be beyond challenging
But it has to be one of the most fulfilling challenges I've ever experienced in my life

New York is becoming a playground for the rich
Soon some of us won't even be able to afford to live there

If I had my dream......
I'd open a cute little salon
Anywhere but the Village
(Whole different story)

Yes, I love New York
And the saying is sooooo true

IF YOU CAN MAKE IT HERE, YOU CAN MAKE IT ANYWHERE








No comments:

Post a Comment