Friday, December 12, 2014

SOUL SEARCHING

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one on the planet that is soul searching 
I'm trying to figure out who I am, what I want to become, accomplish, finding the real me!
Is it a mid-life crisis
I'm not sure I believe in that
But at my age people become restless with their jobs, life, marriages, relationships
Am I in a partnership with someone that's good for me, encourages my hopes, dreams?
I'm divorced so there's a ton of questions I ask myself when it comes to dating someone seriously. I have kids to consider!

What about my career? Is it fulfilling all I want out of life???
If it's not do I take the financial plunge to try something new?

Soul searching

I want to be a good person, most of us do
But....
When I'm on Facebook my High school classmates seem to be going no where
They got an education but immediately came back to our small hometown???
Their children go to the same schools we did....
Their sooo damn proud of this!
Why can't I also embrace this??!!!

I want to just shout at them!
Get the Hell out of that damn town!
Go!
Drive 5 miles beyond your damn existence 

But who am I to judge?
That makes them happy
Their fulfilled living there

Soul searching

I'm divorced, single and my kids are entering their 20's
They only need me for money, food and cell phones.....
As long as I'm pumping that all out that could careless where I'm at

I've been a hairstylist for almost 30 years
I'm a rebell hairstylist
Any rules or comfort zones that exist I break them
That's why I became a hairstylist
I wanted full control of my talent and my art

But now at this point in my life it's starting to disillusion me
It's not making my heart happy anymore
I'd like to go back to college
I'm smart, quick and talented I have great visions

Soul searching

Why am I the only one on the planet asking myself this?!

Are people really content going to work, coming home and watching tv?!

Who can justify a life not going anywhere or doing anything????

I don't want to take the same vacation every year at the same boring beach!
I don't want to rush home in time to watch "The Voice" 
I don't want to do my laundry on the sameday of the week
Or back the car into the driveway the same spot same position 

Who lives like this?!

My High school friends live in these comfort zone worlds of same old same old
Familiar is boring

Don't they too dream of other things????







No comments:

Post a Comment