Wednesday, February 26, 2014

IN THE DAY AND LIFE OF A DIVORCEE

 THE CHANGE UP:
Awhile ago a girlfriend of mine gave me some great advice. At the time my heart and soul wasn't ready to accept it or learn from it. 
 
After all my counseling I've been through, 
I now can take this GREAT statement and run with it. 

It was the best advice I have received in the last 5 years since I've been divorced! 

I now hear her words loud and clear!!!

This is the advice she would give 3 years ago and these words would fall on deaf ears. But ever since I have evolved into a new person. I hear these words profoundly!

Ever since New York City has become apart of my life I get soo many compliments from lifetime friends how much they like the new me. 

These are the words she would speak to me that I now embrace and follow as part of who I have evolved into. 

"I think you need to stop dating the same kind of men, stop picking someone for looks, status, money, etc.... Go for someone that has more substance than the men you have been picking. Someone with a good heart, character, intelligence, cultured, diversity, worldly, someone down to earth, warm and fuzzy. Someone who respects you and him as a couple. Stay away from that guy that just has no idea what's even going on."

I get it, 3 years later, I get it!!!

We all seem to fall into "Patterns" when picking our significant others. Looks fade, a bad heart never changes, once a cheat always a cheat. It's a mentality. Don't pick someone like your ex! That didn't work so why would you want to go back into another relationship with someone of the same personality that just destroyed you?!
Why would you want your new spouse to be just like your old spouse?! It didn't work.  HELLO!!! 

So my eyes are wide open, opposites attract and that's a good thing. I don't want to be with another guy like any of my exes! 

So I'm doing a change up. You might find me in a charming romantic restaurant holding hands and swooning with a man you would have NEVER ever thought i would pick! Why??????

Because, I picked him over being good looking but has  substance and has a good character. At my age a man with intelligence and one that can hold a conversation is sooo much  sexier than shallow, dumb and stupid! 

Yes, opposites attract 

And I'm going for a different type of guy than I use to. 

No more flat tires for me!
CIAO
XOXO



No comments:

Post a Comment