Friday, December 20, 2013

THE WRITER

I started this blog just a few months ago
The reason I started this blog was because I wanted to tell the world 
What it was REALLY like to be a New York 
City hairdresser and all the ramifications of doing so
But as I analyzed other hair blogs I realized, I didn't want to be text bookish 
Like they were

I wanted to write the truth 
WHAT REALLY GOES ON BEHIND MY CHAIR

The secret life we lead us  stylist 

Not only when a client sits down 
Do we cut, color, blow dry the hair
But it's more than that
There's a connection
And an intimacy way beyond just doing hair

In my 30 yrs standing behind my chair 
I've had to be a therapist
Which I don't mind
I've been to Hell and back in my lifetime
I'm more than qualified in real life experience to be able to listen and 
Understand true human behavior 

I might understand from real life experience more than that counselor 
You go to
Most of us hairdresser's are very colorful
People and have lived very interesting lives. 
I suppose it goes along with the territory of our lifestyles
Most of us in New York are all on the same path
You don't go to New York to live a mundane life style and I hate to say it
You don't get into the beauty industry 
Either 
No mundane would be that  job one goes off to everyday, scheduled, you do the same boring thing, you perform the same boring thing everyday
Us hairdresser's there's nothing mundane about us
And the reason we chose this lifestyle was for just that reason 
WE DIDN'T IMAGINE OUR LIVES TO BE
MUNDANE



No comments:

Post a Comment