Friday, September 6, 2013

MY LIFE

As I stand here in Battery Park City
Looking out at the Hudson River
I'm enjoying some quiet time
Quiet time from this loud place 
As I look out across the Hudson
I look to the west and think of home

The rolling green hills of eastern Pennsylvania 
The farmland
The housing developments 

It's the beginning of the school year
Moms getting their kids off to school
Planning their evenings sitting at sports 
Events
Parent teacher conferences

These are the things that use to consume
My life
It's all in the past 
Somewhere deep in my mind
I luved being a suburbia American mom

As I sit here on a park bench
I think about the ramifications 
I have caused walking out of my marriage

I think about the person I've become
Where I've been
Where I'm going
My divorce life being so traumatic
I think a part of me has died
Life's bad blows completely 
Changing the person I was

I think about my industry 
It's not what it use to be
The money $$
There's no money in it anymore
Ever since the economy crashed
The hairdressing scene changed

I've seen salons open
I've seen them go out of business 
I'm in one of the greatest cities in the world!
Imagine?!
Out of business ??

I'm too old for a career change
And could never be anything else
Than a hairdresser
It defines me
It's who I am
I LUV doing hair
I LUV the contact with people

As I stand here on the Hudson
And look towards home
A sadness falls upon me
And I think to myself 
What's the next half of my life going to be like


No comments:

Post a Comment