Monday, September 2, 2013

BACK TO WORK

Tomorrow I go back behind my chair
But not in the city
In Pennsylvania 
I work one day a week at a friends
Salon in PA
Just 30 minutes north of Philly 
That's American slang for Philadelphia 

I taught one of my Russian friends that 
Just the other day
If you want to sound like a true yankee
East coast born & raised
You gotta say philly

The salon scene in my hometown is dead
It use to have great salons
And great stylist
But now it seems everyone
Is just vanilla
And you know how vanilla can be

The salon scene in the city 
Isn't doing that well either
The only difference we have is a great
Amount of talent
Great salons 
????
MMMHHH
AAHH no!!

The old greats have fallen as well
The economy being such a huge 
Issue in our business 
Too many salons
Too much competition for the client
Pricing competitions
Salons no sooner open
And they close
Just not making it

That's the truth!!
Yes, I know
It's a city
With 8 million of us
You would think there be an endless 
Supply of clients
NOT!!!

I saw the bottom fall out
At my old salon in the 
Upper East side
I mean granted the staff
Being part of the issue

It's one thing to have the financial
Means to keep your business going
But NOOO matter what
If your staff can't deliver great people skills
The clients are not coming back 
Remember I said, condescending bitch
Doesn't sell
Lol

85% of what we do is our people skills
20% our actual talent
So if you ain't delivering warm & fuzzy
To that person walking through the door
They aren't coming back
People want to be luved

So tomorrow 
Back behind my chair
To luv my clients
And entertain them
Xoxo
 


No comments:

Post a Comment