Thursday, July 18, 2013

SALON PRESSURE

Sometimes the pressure of being a New York City hairdresser is terrible on me!
It's noo excuse but I have a lot going on in ALL avenues of my life.
My children mainly, not handling life after divorce very well.
We babied these two boys with attention and always buying them every dang thing they wanted!!
Now 4 years later and a father that has gone MIA, life has been hard on them.
They need to seriously grow up and adjust
Life throws curve balls
Get use to it

    Back to the salon job here in the city.
The owners of my company I like and admire very much
They both use to stand behind the chair
which I prefer to work for
I personally don't think anyone should own a salon without that behind the chair experience
I don't even want you in the salon
You don't belong there!!!
You just don't get it
You just don't get us
how could you???
We are our own breed
Artist
Right brainers
creative, wacko, crazy free spirited, Gypsies
just doing our thing, making the world beautiful

The owners push me sometimes to my limit
I had to bit my lip a few times
push me  they do because
I'm a seasoned hairdresser

Well let me tell you all this
don't come to New York
with the expetations that
doing hair here is the same as doing hair in your little town!
IT'S NOT!!!

I'm a competitor
I turn everything into the attitude...
"I'm an athlete, let me train for this position"
"The thrill of competition, the agony of defeat"

And some defeats here have slapped me back!!
I always get back up
But now the game will take on a different direction!!
I learn from my mistakes
I'll even cry a little
but I come back more fierce

This company has put me there a few times
almost broke me
New York has almost broke me

I might look sweet and kind
Like Cinderalla
But sometimes I can be Scarlett O'Hara
I can be Aunty Mame as well, When I'm in my fun mode

This won't break me!!
The hairdressing skills I have learned here in New York has been awesome
Just watch out D.R. girls
your blow dries
might be the best in town right now
But theirs a little blonde American girl watching you and learning
LOL.... MEOW!

Heading into city now
Will be standing behind my chair in an hour
LET'S DO SOME HAIR!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment