Saturday, July 27, 2013

I LIVE IN BROOKLYN

Yes, I live in the world famous Brooklyn
It's everything I imagined it to be
A diversity of people from all over the world
The culture I'm exposed to on a daily bases is awesome

I do have to admit
I live in an area that
Well maybe I shouldn't
Oh gosh how do I address this without
You the reader thinking I'm racist...

Ok here we go
I'm just going to put it out there

The area I'm in
There Are not a lot of people who look like me
But that's ok
I'm not the one who's closed off
Im just do my thing

My thing
Just being this little free spirit
Wondering into places yes maybe
I shouldn't be

But it's enriching my life
I feel like a reporter
Covering a war

That American
In a country
They really shouldn't be there
But they are

The possibility
Of not being safe
A constant reminder

Last nite going home on the train
I was the only white American
Wow, you know how I felt!

They want nothing to do with me
Some Brown women won't even sit next to me!
Rather making the decision to stand!!

Yes never new racism still existed
And it's against ME!!
The little blonde girl!!

Police are around
Undercover
But we don't know their there
Until something goes wrong

Everyone in the neighborhood
Is very friendly
They do well with me

Obviously, I see it their faces
What's she doing here
Oh no, a white girl
Now the hood is going to be ruined

My one friend is Puerto Rican
100% Puerto Rican he doesn't even
Like my hood

But he's a snob from Forest Hills, Queens

Well for right now
This is where I have to be
The affordability

Manhattan is sooo expensive
I use to live on Madison Avenue
When I first came to city

But my roommate was a celebrity hairdresser
And he left me stay for free

I LUV NEW YORK











No comments:

Post a Comment