Monday, April 22, 2013

The divorce

Lets talk a little about my divorce. Four yours ago I took the kids and walked away from my seventeen year marriage to the BIG qweedo Italian.
We had meet at the salon I was working at in the mid eighties. I cut his hair one evening and it started from there. Most of us hairdressers meet our men that way.
We dated for a year or two then lived together for a year or two, against his parents wishes beings that they were VERY Catholic.
He was tall, dark and handsome, just how I like my men. A jock kinda guy, luved sports. Which I like as well. He was easy going, and no matter how goofy or corky I acted he always found humor or would join right in. He was very social. Which is another feature I like in my men. I always say this, if I wanted to jump off the house roof and play Mary Poppins he would've just laughed and said "oh she's just doing her thing"
Truthfully, we both new when we got married neither of us were "The Loves" of each others life. So the marriage was always destined to fail.
We settled into our lives together had two wonderful, funny, good looking, social, jocks, want all our money because you know we shit it out our ass, and eat us out of house and home boys.
In the late nineties he would get injured at work and this would be the beginning of the end. He had gotten a major back injury, four surgeries later plus other issues he would never work again!
In 2002 I bought a cute little salon and worked fourteen hours a day to compensate for his not working. Truth be known, I was working that much because I really didn't want to go home!! So I filled my life with my career and had a very large clientele. Looking back, I had every reason to be proud of my self and that wonderful little salon. We had each other. The salon and I.
The final blow would came in 2009 when I couldn't take no more of the not working, sleeping all day. One faithful night he started an argument over something sooo stupid. That was the last straw!! I called my mother, hysterically crying!! I was DONE!! I wanted Nooo more of this or him!! French Fried I was!! I wanted sooo much more out of life than he could ever offer me! I was already in my forties was this how I envisioned my life to be???!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment