Thursday, April 18, 2013

Meow

I had a client the other day, first time to our salon. First words out of her mouth after I asked her when was her last haircut was " my last haircut was a month ago and it was THE worst experience in my life!" I proceeded to find out why. The story she gave was this. " I JUST wanted a shampoo, cut and blow dry, this is very relaxing to me and I want to enjoy a good shampoo a little lite conversation and a relaxing blow dry, when presented to me in that fashion gives me a good salon experience." But the last guy hairdresser all he wanted to do was sell me color. He talked none stop about how my crappy over the counter color is and Blah, Blah, Blah. "Not only did I find him to be insulting, but I told him straight out, look I'm sorry, but I can't afford to do the color in the salon, please, I do understand but right now it's just not an option."
I told her I was sorry that she had to be traumatized like that and have such a bad salon experience. I would do everything I could at our salon to make her salon experience a pleasant one. I did exactly what she wanted. Shampoo, cut and blow dry. It was my first goal to build her trust and make a connection with her.
She left happy and actually hugged me and left smiling. The end to a day

No comments:

Post a Comment